A weekly podcast for artists and writers with Aprille Janes and Jessica Outram
We want to help you to expand your ideas, skills, and passion. How do you nurture a life of creativity?
We share practical strategies and reflections. We explore our big questions about integrating creativity into our lives.
Mostly, we chat about everything that is working for us and working against us as we juggle life and our arts. Sometimes we share research too!
Once a month, we go deeper into the business of creativity, so we can help you connect your work to an audience.
Create and Connect
We are building a Hummingbird community of creatives and we want you to join us. Our wishes for you can be captured in two words: Connect and Create.
Consider different ways of seeing the creative journey. Connect with us! Then, create something new. Deepen your relationship with creativity.
We Need Your Help To Grow Our Hummingbird Community!
- On Facebook. We have a Facebook page to keep connected about upcoming shows and special offers. We also have a private Facebook group to keep the conversations going about creativity in a safer space. Join us!
- On Instagram. In addition to sharing some tips and strategies, sometimes we go live and have a chat. Keep your eye out for those moments!
- Subscribe to our website–you will be emailed each time a new episode launches! Look to the right side bar on the Episodes page for the link to subscribe.
- Share, like, and comment on posts–we’d love to hear from you!
- Click the subscribe button in your podcast player. You will receive notifications of new episodes. Find us on all the major podcast platforms: Apple, Breaker, Google Podcasts, Pocket Casts, Radio Public, VoiceEd Radio, and Spotify.
- Click here and choose “Message” when the Anchor page comes up. We’d love to hear directly from you about your story or burning creative questions!
- Send us a testimonial by email or post one on social media. Then we can link your testimonial/review to our site for other listeners to see.
- Reviews matter to us! 5-star reviews help other listeners decide if they want to give us a chance. Click here to add an iTunes review. (The place for reviews is after the episode listing).
- If you loved an episode, please share with your friends! Invite them to join our Hummingbird Community. Every share makes a difference.
Do you want to be a guest?
Share with us about your creative journey.
Subscribe on any platform:
Recent Episode List
We respectfully acknowledge that this podcast is recorded on the traditional territory of the Michi Saagiig Anishnaabeg and the unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq People. We are grateful for the First Nations of these territories, for their care and teachings about the land. As people of the Williams Treaty of 1923 and the “Treaties of Peace and Friendship” which Mi’kmaq and Wolastoqiyik (Maliseet) People first signed with the British Crown in 1725, we continue our journey to strengthen our understanding of our Treaty relationship and of how to move forward together in a good way.
The land and the waters will always be Indigenous lands and waters. They continue to teach important lessons every day.