Go outside for ideas!
Nature provides an abundance of sources for creative connections and expression. How does nature inspire you? In this episode we explore ways we learn from nature and create inspired by places we love. We talk about some creatives that have used nature in their work, from Antoni Gaudi in Spain to R. Murray Schafer in Canada, we share some people we admire that use nature in interesting ways. Finally, we talk about some ways you can begin to connect nature to your creative work today.
- Dale Chihuly’s glass art
- Works of Antoni Gaudi
- Ted Talk article on nature and design: The World’s Best Creative Director
- Christi Belcourt
- Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimerrer
- Birds, Art, Life by Kyo Maclear
- Where Women Create Magazine
- The Four Elements: Reflections on Nature by John O’Donohue
- The Freedom of Silence by Michael Robinson